Confidential Information / Do I have a choice?

Do I have a choice?

Yes. If you have concerns, you can talk to staff at your GP practice or ask the practice for a copy of the leaflet “How information about you helps us to provide better care”.

If you do not want information that identifies you to be shared outside your GP practice, you can ask your practice to make a note of this in your medical record. This is called an objection. An objection will prevent your confidential information being used other than where there are exceptional circumstances or where the law allows your information to be shared (for example, if there is a public health emergency).

Remember, if you are happy for your information to be used for planning health services and for research then you do not need to do anything.

Your choice will not affect the care you receive.

If you want to Opt Out of the Care data Programme, please complete form below and send it to us.

Care Data Opt-Out Form


Comments are closed.