We would like to thank all of our patients that have taken the time to complete surveys regarding the practice in the last year. These surveys provide valuable feedback that enables us to continuously improve the service we provide for our patients.
The practice has seen a lot of change in the last year so this feedback is particularly important now as we look to develop and improve the practice. Dr Bolel has taken over following the retirement of Dr Kumar and is now the registered GP for all registered patients. We have taken on a number of new staff. We now have a new practice manager, practice nurse, healthcare assistant and two additional receptionists.
Through the feedback and comments given in the surveys we were able to identify some areas for improvement and have made some changes.
- Improve telephone system and ability to get through on the telephone- We have increased the number of lines coming into the practice and have had our telephone system reconfigured to make it easier to get through. We have also recruited two new reception staff.
- Improve on the day access- We now have a number of appointments that are reserved to book on the day. If these appointments are fully booked and you feel you need to see a GP urgently, please advise our receptionist of this. They will take details of the problem and pass them on to Dr Bolel so that he can assess and advise on what to do next. This may be an appointment or a telephone consultation depending on the nature of the problem.
- Providing late appointments- We already provide late appointments on a Monday night but some of our patients were not aware of this. Our late appointments are available until 7.30pm on Monday evenings and can now be booked online too.
- Provide telephone consultations- We do offer telephone consultations providing it is appropriate, for example where an examination is not required. Speak to reception to request a telephone consultation.
- Increase nursing appointments available- We have recruited a Healthcare Assistant to support our practice nurse. The practice nurse now has late appointments on a Monday too.
- Improve how we manage our long term condition clinics- We now invite patients with a long term condition in for their review on the month of their birthday and carry out a review of all of their conditions which patients have found more convenient. If you are a patient with a long term condition and would like to give feedback about how we can improve the service for you we would like to hear from you.
- Out of hours access- Some of our patients were not aware how to access a GP out of hours. You can access a GP when the surgery is closed by calling the surgery telephone number. You can also get advice and treatment from your local pharmacy for minor problems or call NHS 111 If it is not an immediate emergency. NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. It can provide medical advice and details of the best local service that can provide care. See our website for more information.
- Improve patient participation- We want to ensure that the service we provide is of a very high standard and most importantly, meets the needs of our patients. The practice did have a patient participation group at one time but it has not met or been approached for feedback in a while. We have approached a number of patients that were involved in the patient participation group in the past and some we thought may be interested to confirm they would like to be involved and we plan to approach the group to get feedback and suggestions about some projects we are working on.
- We have had some very positive feedback regarding the changes in the practice already, particularly about the friendly approachable team and the caring and attentive GP’s. We always like to hear your comments or suggestions and you can give feedback in a number of ways.
- Friends and family test questionnaire- ask at reception or call the surgery to do this on the telephone with our receptionist
- Review our practice online at www.iwantgreatcare.org
- Go to www.nhs.uk and leave a review on the NHS choices website
- Join our patient participation group
- Contact the practice manager, Teresa Graham, on 0191 4772430