By 1 April 2016 all organisations that provide NHS or publicly funded adult social care must identify and record information and communication needs with service users:
- At the first interaction or registration with their service
- As part of on-going routine interaction with the service by existing service users.
- By 31 July 2016 all organisations that provide NHS or publicly funded adult social care must have fully implemented and conform to the Accessible information Standard.
What does this mean for you?
We want to get better at communicating with our patients. We want to make sure you can read and understand the information we send you. If you find it hard to read our letters or if you need someone to support you at appointments, please let us know.
- We want to know if you need information in braille, large print or easy read.
- We want to know if you need a British Sign Language interpreter or advocate.
- We want to know if we can support you to lipread or use a hearing aid or communication tool.
Please tell the receptionist when you arrive for your next appointment, send an email to email@example.com or call us on 0191 4772430 to discuss how we can improve our communication with you.